Skip to content
- Nair Movement was started in 1861 under the leadership of Rama Krishna Pillai, C.V. Raman Pillai, K. and M. Padmanabha Pillai in the state of Travancore.
- Nair or Nayar refers to a group of Hindu castes.
- It was an anti-Brahminical movement.
- It was a reaction to the Nambudri Brahmins’ socio-political dominance over the non-Malayali Brahmins (Tamil and Maratha).
- In 1891, Raman Pillai formed Malayali Memorial.
- In 1914, Padmanabha Pillai constituted the Nair Service Society.