Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the banking sector? If yes, then you should not miss the opportunity to apply for the IBPS PO 2023 exam. IBPS PO is one of the most prestigious and competitive exams in India that selects candidates for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee in various public sector banks. IBPS PO 2023 exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) through a Common Recruitment Process (CRP) that consists of three stages: Preliminary, Main, and Interview.
In this article, we will provide you with all the important information about the IBPS PO 2023 exam such as the notification, exam dates, Vacancy, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, cut-off, result, and more. Read on to find out how you can prepare for this exam and achieve your dream of becoming a bank officer.
IBPS PO 2023 Notification
The IBPS PO 2023 notification is expected to be released in August 2023 on the official website of IBPS www.ibps.in. The notification will contain all the details about the vacancies, participating banks, reservation policy, exam schedule, application fee, and instructions for applying online. The notification will also provide the link to the online registration portal where candidates can fill their application form and pay the fee.
The IBPS PO 2023 notification is released 1st of August 2023. You can check the IBPS PO notification of this year here.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Dates
The IBPS PO 2023 exam dates have been announced by IBPS along with its calendar for 2023. The tentative dates for the IBPS PO 2023 exam are as follows:
|Online Registration (starting date)||1st August 2023|
|Online Registration (last date)||21st August 2023|
|Preliminary Exam||23rd, 30th September, 01st October 2023|
|Preliminary Result||October 2023|
|Main Exam||05th November 2023|
|Main Result||December 2023|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2024|
In case of any issue, the exact dates for each event will be updated on the official website of IBPS.
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the IBPS PO 2023 exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by IBPS. The eligibility criteria include the following aspects:
- Nationality: Candidates must be either a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 or a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be between 20 and 30 years of age as on August 1, 2023. This means that candidates must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1993 and not later than August 1, 2003. However, there is a relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to certain categories as per the government rules. The details of the age relaxation are given below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service + 3 years (8 years for SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government as on August 31, 2023. Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply provisionally subject to the condition that they produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before August 31, 2023.
IBPS PO 2023 Application Process
The application process for the IBPS PO 2023 exam is completely online and can be done through the official website of IBPS www.ibps.in. Candidates have to register themselves by providing their basic details such as name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc. and creating a password. After registration, candidates will receive a provisional registration number and password on their registered email id and mobile number.
Candidates have to log in with their registration number and password and fill the online application form by providing their personal, educational, and professional details. Candidates also have to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications given by IBPS. The photograph should be a recent passport size color picture and the signature should be in black ink on a white paper.
Candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode only using debit card/ credit card/ internet banking/ IMPS/ cash cards/ mobile wallets. The application fee is non-refundable and varies according to the category of the candidates as given below:
Candidates have to verify all the details entered in the application form before submitting it. No changes will be allowed after the final submission of the application form. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the e-receipt and the online application form for future reference.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO 2023 exam consists of three stages: Preliminary, Main, and Interview. The preliminary exam is an online objective test of 100 marks that has to be completed in one hour. The main exam is also an online objective test of 200 marks that has to be completed in three hours. The main exam also has a descriptive test of 25 marks that has to be completed in 30 minutes. The interview is a face-to-face interaction of 100 marks that assesses the candidates’ personality, communication skills, and suitability for the post.
The exam pattern for each stage is given below:
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- There is a sectional cut-off as well as an overall cut-off for the preliminary exam.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidates who qualify the preliminary exam will be eligible for the main exam.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Total (Objective)||155||200||180 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) (Descriptive)||2||25||30 minutes|
- There is a sectional cut-off as well as an overall cut-off for the main exam.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the objective test.
- The descriptive test will be conducted online and will be evaluated only for those candidates who qualify the objective test.
- Candidates who qualify the main exam will be eligible for the interview.
IBPS PO Interview
The interview is conducted by the participating banks in coordination with IBPS. The interview panel consists of bank officials who ask questions related to banking, current affairs, general knowledge, and the candidates’ profile. The interview is of 100 marks and the minimum qualifying marks are 40% for general category candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates.
The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the main exam and the interview. The weightage given to the main exam and the interview is 80:20 respectively.
IBPS PO Syllabus
The syllabus for the IBPS PO exam covers various topics from different subjects such as English language, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, general/ economy/ banking awareness, data analysis & interpretation, and computer aptitude. The syllabus for each subject is given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Improvement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Verbal Ability
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Banking Terminology
- Banking Regulations
- Financial Institutions
- Monetary Policy
- Economic Policy
- Economic Survey
- Static GK
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Tabular Data
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graphs
- Pie Charts
- Radar Charts
- Mixed Graphs
- Data Sufficiency
- History of Computers
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating Systems
- MS Office
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviations
IBPS PO Cut-off
The cut-off for the IBPS PO exam is decided by IBPS based on various factors such as the number of vacancies, the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and the normalization process. The cut-off is applied at two levels: sectional and overall. Candidates have to clear both the sectional and overall cut-off to qualify for the next stage of the exam.
The cut-off for the IBPS PO exam varies every year depending on the above factors. However, candidates can get an idea of the expected cut-off by looking at the previous year’s cut-off. The cut-off for the IBPS PO 2022 exam is given below for reference:
IBPS PO Final Cut-off 2022
The final cut-off for the IBPS PO exam is calculated on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the main exam and the interview. The weightage given to the main exam and the interview is 80:20 respectively. The final cut-off for the IBPS PO exam is given below for reference:
|Category||Final Cut-off (Out of 100)|
IBPS PO Result
The result for the IBPS PO exam is declared by IBPS on its official website www.ibps.in after each stage of the exam. Candidates can check their result by entering their registration number/ roll number and password/ date of birth on the login page.
The result for the preliminary exam is declared within a month after the exam date. The result for the main exam is declared within two months after the exam date. The result for the interview is declared along with the final merit list within three months after the interview date.
The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the main exam and the interview. The candidates who are shortlisted in the final merit list are allotted to one of the participating banks according to their preference and availability of vacancies.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips
The IBPS PO exam is a highly competitive and challenging exam that requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and smart strategy to crack it successfully. Here are some tips that can help you prepare for this exam effectively:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly and plan your study schedule accordingly.
- Practice mock tests and previous year papers regularly to improve your speed, accuracy, and time management skills.
- Revise your concepts and formulas from basic to advanced level and clear your doubts from reliable sources.
- Focus on your weak areas and work on improving them by solving more questions and taking feedback.
- Read newspapers, magazines, and online sources to enhance your general awareness and vocabulary.
- Develop your writing skills by practicing letter writing and essay writing on various topics related to banking, economy, current affairs, etc.
- Prepare for the interview by brushing up your banking knowledge, current affairs, personal profile, and communication skills.
- Stay positive, confident, and motivated throughout your preparation journey.
|IBPS PO Notification Full PDF||Download Now|
|Apply for IBPS PO||Apply Now|
|How To Apply||Read Guide|
|Official Website||IBPS Official Website|
We hope that this article has provided you with all the information that you need to know about the IBPS PO 2023 exam. If you have any queries or suggestions, please feel free to comment below.